Monday, July 2, 2012

USA, USA, USA....


I am going to do something a little new and different with this blog over the next month. It may spur me to do similar things when the month is over. I, like many sports fans, love the Olympics. And I have come to really enjoy watching international basketball. And the USA Men’s Senior National Team has been pretty fun to watch under the guidance of Jerry Colaneglo and Mike Krzyzewski.

So I’m going to provide some in-depth perspective, from a coach’s point of view, on the USA Men’s National Team through the Olympics in London. Well, it will be as in-depth as I can without actually being with the team at their practices and in London.

I will blog about the direction that USA Basketball has taken to improve their international standing, give some perspective on their games, discuss some of the philosophy that Mike Krzyzewski and his staff have developed, and preview some of their Olympic opponents.

In addition, Jack McCallum’s new book Dream Team comes out July 10. It is on my summer reading list and I’ll chat about it some, too. I'll review some of the book that Coach K wrote after the 2008 Beijing Olympics Gold Standard. I loved that book. Coach K gave insight on a certain iconic figure that was very revealing.

I will also attempt to talk some USA Women’s National Team.

I've already got a lot to talk about. So beginning tomorrow, expect a breakdown of the final roster candidates. It is quite a bit different compared to what it was a month ago, and from what the original 20 announced in January were. USA Basketball will announce the men's roster on Saturday, July 7.

Please follow along. I would love to hear your thoughts on the Olympic team.

E-mail coachhoytbasketball@gmail.com
Twitter @CoachHoyt

No comments:

Post a Comment