Monday, December 20, 2010

Thoughts from Larry Bird



My old roommate, Matt, called me tonight from the Indiana Pacers game. He wanted to let me know he had gotten Larry Bird's autograph for me tonight. So in honor of Larry Legend, I thought I would post some of his wisdom from a book I read by Mark Shaw titled "Larry Legend."

- "Once I realized I could pass the ball, my game changed completely."

- "I never wanted to leave the court until I got everything just right. I would practice different kinds of moves for hours on end and work hard to make my left hand as strong as my right."

- "The way I see it, if I put two hours in by myself, then someone who is working out with somebody else has to put in four hours in order to beat me. That's the way I've always gone about it."

- "I've never really understood why more players don't make the effort to become great free-throw shooters. It just takes practice and hard work and concentration."

No comments:

Post a Comment